In the process of explaining what the difference is between Coaching and Consulting I often talked about the “products” both activities deliver: Competence and Content. But these terms are vague and broad interpretable. The list below comes from a presentation that I gave and is a first attempt to shine more light on this subject.
- Change (things in general) can be looked at from a content and a competence perspective.
- Both aspects, content and competence, are only functional when in balance.
- They are created in different ways:
- Content: Project management
- Competence: Learning experience
A written role description is a static product, content. The ability to understand the consequences and have the skills to perform the role is a competence. It comes with experience.
Structure, Process description, Tools
Ability, Skills, Attitude