- Not all plugins could be loaded
- Plugins were not working properly
- I had problems with uploading files.
If you write you don’t want to loose it unintentionally that’s why I had download the plug-in to make backup’s of the content DB. Cruising through the CMS I came across the error :
” WARNING: Your wp-content directory is NOT writable! We can not create the backup directory. D:Sitesvhostswalterhottinga.comhttpdocs/wp-content/backup-5c63a/”
Combined with the problems I already encountered before I wrote a mail to Denit my hosting provider. 36 minutes later Michel from Denit gave me the solution!! I had to change the authorization of the WordPress directory on the server.
There are different users defined on my server. One of them the wp user…..I didn’t make it. I assume it is created when you install wp. There was also an other user created: “Additional system user (S-X-X-XX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX-XXXX)” (The X’s were numbers but there are always people who want to misuse this kind of info.) I tried all different combinations to solve the problem but I only got the DB-plug-in working when I gave all the users all rights on the directory in which I installed WordPress.
- Will try to install the other plug-ins in on my list shortly!
- The DB plug-in is working perfectly. I just made a backup and had it sent to my mail.
- I was also able to upload the template file. No ideas why I don’t see the file appear in the article..…for the next round.
Looked hard, with the right help it was easy!! As often.